Sales Planning – WaterPump Manufacturers
Sales increased by 24% in FY2018-2019 compared to previous year (from ₹4.87Cr to ₹6.02Cr)
A company trading in water pumps was facing stagnating sales situation.
- The competition had increased over the years and was eroding the profit margin on their star products.
- Sales executives were facing challenges getting orders
A workshop was conducted with the Business Owners on the Propel Business Modelling Canvas © and a detailed plan of action was prepared.
- Sales Data was analysed to identify:
- Focus customer segments
- Focus products
- Focus markets
- Clients conducted field visits to meet key customers & suppliers and gather inputs and feedback on certain crucial aspects
- The Propel Sales Optimization Techniques © were incorporated into all Sales activities.
- Briefing / training sessions conducted with the Sales team to get them updated on the changes.
- Weekly Review mechanism was setup for understand performance
- Propel Sales Scorecard © was implemented along with performance incentive structure.
Quality Net Income (Impact):
- Sales increased by 24% in FY2018-2019 compared to previous year (from ₹4.87Cr to ₹6.02Cr)
- Product portfolio was optimized on the basis of Demand and Profit & low margin-low demand products were sold off & then removed from the product catalogue.